Daniel T. Staal wrote:
On Wed, March 14, 2007 10:08 am, Robert Isaac said:
Thanks. This gave

[EMAIL PROTECTED] etc]# grep LocalSocket clamd.conf
# LocalSocket /tmp/clamd
LocalSocket /usr/sbin
Ouch, pointing LocalSocket to /usr/sbin is not a good idea.

--
  oo    .....         Tomasz Kojm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 (\/)\.........         http://www.ClamAV.net/gpg/tkojm.gpg

Yes.  The socket is not the program, it is a connector, _created by_ the
program.   /tmp or /var/run are common places for it.

Yes, you seem to be confusing the binary program /usr/bin/clamd with the socket file which is created by clamd when it starts up. With the clamd.conf setting you had originally:

You are attempting to overwrite the clamd executable with the socket. I cant even imagine what results this would produce.

-Jim