Fajar A. Nugraha wrote On 03/28/2007 03:57 AM:
Gregory Carter wrote:
I would ban this user from this list as it is a Ad in disguise.

He just cross posted this same question to the iptables list.

Why would that be an Ad?
Are you 100% sure (or at least sure enough to decide to ban a user) that
he wasn't just someone who's trying to put an open-source-based security
solution (linux, iptables, clamav, and perhaps snort) and trying to list
the pros-and-cons for each alternative before making a decision?

Regards,

Fajar

Exactly, I've asked the same question to Snort forum too. I have been using linux + iptables + squid +clamav +dansguardian + snort. But my managers wanted me to find a certificated product. They don't know IT at all. I believe some people told them a firewall must be certificated. Their plan is selling their product. To make my managers believe my firewall is better then any commercial firewall, I need to show the certificate.

There is no need to be aggressive.

Regards