On Friday April 06, 2007 at 08:16:27 (AM) Julia Ovchinnikova wrote:

> I have FreeBSD 6.0+ClamAV 0.90.1+ clamav-devel-latest, but clamav is not
> checked test virus signature.
> freshclam.log :
>
> Current working dir is /var/db/clamav
> freshclam daemon 0.90.1 (OS: freebsd6.0, ARCH: i386, CPU: i386)
> Max retries == 3
> ClamAV update process started at Fri Apr  6 12:01:32 2007
> SECURITY WARNING: NO SUPPORT FOR DIGITAL SIGNATURES
> See the FAQ at http://www.clamav.net/support/faq for an explanation.
> Querying current.cvd.clamav.net
> TTL: 231
> Software version from DNS: 0.90.1
> main.cvd version from DNS: 42
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 42, sigs: 83951, f-level: 10, builder:
> tkojm)
> daily.cvd version from DNS: 3027
> daily.inc is up to date (version: 3027, sigs: 22342, f-level: 14,
> builder: diego)

Did you bother to read this? If so, does it pertain to you?

What does SECURITY WARNING: NO SUPPORT FOR DIGITAL SIGNATURES mean?
The ClamAV package requires the GMP library to verify the digital
signature of the virus database. When building ClamAV you need the GMP
library and its headers: if you are using Debian just run apt-get
install libgmp3-dev, if you are using an RPM based distribution install
the gmp-devel package. You’ll need to rerun ./configure and recompile
ClamAV.

You stated that you are using FreeBSD-6.0 on your PC. I am using version
6.2 with clamav-devel without any problems. You might have had a bad
installation. Try updating your ports system, then running:

    portmanager security/clamav-devel -p -l

This assumes that you have portmanager installed. If not, you would want
to install it first. See if that corrects your problem.

--
Gerard