On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 09:20:52 +0200
Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm running clamav 0.90 on linux and i've been running freshclam once
> a day. Some days ago the clamd stopped working due to a missing
> database. I found out that it was freshclam that destroyed the
> database. After running freshclam the /var/lib/clamav directory looks
> like this: *.cvd  daily.inc  main.inc  mirrors.dat
>
> What's up with the *.cvd? How is it possible that updating the virus
> database can detroy everything?
>
> Please help?
>
> B. regards,
> Thomas

That problem has been reported already. I experienced it myself. To
correct it, I shut down clamav and freshclam, deleted the entire
contents of the directory and then restarted clamav and freshclam. That
took care of everything. I am not sure if an official fix has been
released however.

HTH

--
Gerard