My server is running Solaris 10, Sendmail 8.13.8, I upgraded clamav from
0.88.7 to   0.90.2.
(Blastwave build). I first got a bunch of errors of the form :
ERROR: Parse error at line 228: Option ScanArchive requires boolean
argument.
/opt/csw/sbin/clamav-milter: Can't parse the config file
/opt/csw/etc/clamd.conf
ares:/-> vi /opt/csw/etc/clamd.conf
ERROR: Parse error at line 270: Option ArchiveBlockEncrypted requires
boolean argument.
/opt/csw/sbin/clamav-milter: Can't parse the config file
/opt/csw/etc/clamd.conf
ares:/-> vi /opt/csw/etc/clamd.conf

OK, that was a surprise, but easy enough to fix , just added "yes" or "no"
to the various options.
Fixed all of those, and then got this error:

Starting clamav-milter
/opt/csw/sbin/clamav-milter: (-q && !LogSyslog): warning - all interception
message methods are off
Loaded ClamAV 0.90.2/3110/Tue Apr 17 07:57:27 2007ClamAV: Protecting against
110241 viruses

What does this mean? Clamav does seem to be still scanning for and rejecting
viruses.

thanks Betsy