Due to me nearly running out of bandwidth last month (17gb out of a 20gb
host package), some urgent changes were needed to the signature hosting,
otherwise I'd start getting charged for the extra bandwidth :(

So, to keep this short, here's a to-do list ;)

*** One: Mirrors ***

Three new mirrors are now available, in preferred order:

Mirror 1: A huge thanks to http://dotsrc.org/ (formerly known as
SunSITE.dk) as they are now a mirror for my signatures, hourly updating
from the main site.

Mirror 2: Thanks to http://tiscali.nl, as they seem to be a mirror for
my signatures,  hourly updating from the main site

Mirror 3: Thanks to a special offer deal from Surpass Hosting, I setup a
sanesecurity.co.uk domain, to try and ease the load from the main
sanesecurity.com site.

So, please could you all change your download scripts to download from
the above mirrors, not only will this help avoid me getting hit with
hosting charges but you benefit as you should be able to increase the
frequency you check for download changes.

The new download Links have been updated on the download page and so
have the scripts:

http://sanesecurity.co.uk/clamav/downloads.htm
http://sanesecurity.co.uk/clamav/usage.htm

*** Two: check your download scripts ***

Please could everyone check that their scripts are only grabbing the
signatures when they have changed.   Some users have been downloading
the sigs regardless of any changes and it's not really helping.  While
other users have made mistakes with their scripts/cron jobs and are
trying to download every minute :(

*** Three: a blog ***

In order to improve the site news (instead of hijacking this list) I've
setup a blog... as it happens, you might find some of the stuff
interesting as well ;)

http://sanesecurity.blogspot.com/

That's it and thanks for everyone's understanding!

Cheers,

Steve