Hello,

Today we upgraded our DNS server which is Debian Bind9 ver 1:9.3.4-2etch1.
We also upgraded our ClamAV software to the new Version: 0.91.1-0volatile1
that came out today. Just happened that both came with new version today.

Anyway... We are getting this message in the FreshClam logs:

WARNING: DNS record is older than 3 hours.
WARNING: Invalid DNS reply. Falling back to HTTP mode.

In the support FAQ for Clamav it states:
What does WARNING: DNS record is older than 3 hours mean?

    * freshclam attempts to detect potential problems with DNS caches and
switches to the old mode if something looks suspicious. If this message
appears seldomly, you can safely ignore it. If you get the error everytime
you run freshclam, check your system clock. If it is set correctly, check
your dns settings. If those didn.t help, try putting this at the top of
your cronjob:

       host -t txt current.cvd.clamav.net; perl -e 'printf "%d\n", time;'

      The 4th field of the first line should be less than 3 . 3600 behind
the output of the second line. If not, you have a caching DNS server
somewhere misbehaving.

So I go to the command line and do a:

# host -t txt current.cvd.clamav.net; perl -e 'printf "%d\n", time;'

And get:

current.cvd.clamav.net text "0.91.1:44:3779:1185489181:1"
1185490600

Well the 4th field is a lot more than "3"!

Is this something that has changed in Bind9 that is causing this problem?
How can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Ken