>From: "Christoph Cordes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Am 29.08.2007 um 00:59 schrieb Dan Metcalf:
>
>> I have a client that is having some trouble when forwarding some
>> spamcop
>> complaints to the appropriate parties.  They keep getting
>> Email.Webaccount-11 rejections.
>>
>> Looked all over, but haven't found the right place for a definition
>> of what
>> this is?  Anybody know?
>>

> Email.Webaccount is a variant of the infamous mails that are
> currently seeded, they usually contain something like "Your account
> has been created, the temporary pass is..., please visit our website
> to change you pass as soon as possible, etc". The mail also contains
> a numeric URL, like hxxp://99.99.99.99. By visiting the website, you
> have a good chance to catch additional malware, since the site
> usually tries to exploit various flaws in your browser. The site will
> also tell you something like "Please download this plugin/software/
> update" to display the site properly.
>
> It's possible that the mails that your customer wants to send belongs
> to this family. I'd recommend to defuse the mails by modifying the
> URL in it - it's safer for the customer anyway and clam wont trigger
> an alert.
>
> HtH
>
> --
> Best regards,
>   Christoph

Thanks for the reply.  I found out through trial and error basically what
you detailed above, but it's good to know that my assumption in the end was
correct.  Is there a list of this information somewhere that I can
reference?  (Like symantec has their virus knowledgebase, is there something
like that for ClamAV?)

Dan Metcalf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>