Hi,

I recently did a major rewrite of my 'scamp.sh' script that is available on
Sanesecurity, <http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/usage.htm>. It came to my
attention that the script did not work correctly on some OSs other than
FreeBSD (the one I wrote it on). I have two beta testers, testing the script
on different platforms for me, and it seems to be working as intended.

In an effort to get as much diverse feedback as possible, I am asking if
anyone is interested in testing the beta script for me. You can get a copy of
it at:

        ftp.seibercom.net/pub/scamp.sh

The version available on Sanesecurity is NOT the new beta version.

Alternatively, just email me and I will send you a copy. I would appreciate
any feedback that you would like to send. Please include your OS so I can be
sure what flavors the script works correctly under.

The documentation, although sparse, is located at the end of the file. There
are numerous new options now available including the download/installation of
the MSRBL-SPAM-CR.ndb database. Reloading the database and logging are now all
configurable. The script can also locate the PID of clamd automatically if the
auto reload function is activated (on by default). All of the user
configurable options are located at the beginning of the file.

The script only requires 'wget' to operate. It uses 'rsync' for download the
'MSRBL' files, although it will fallback to 'wget' if 'rsync' is not available.

Assuming I do not receive any bug reports, I intend to transfer the script to
Steve by this weekend so he can upload it to his site.

Thanks

--
Gerard Seibert