Alonso, Claudio Fabian wrote:
> Good morning,
> I'd like to know if you are planning to include in the download page a
> complied version of clamav-0.92.1 for Solaris 8 as you did for previous
> versions.

I assume your mail is intended for me :D
To tell the truth, I've been kinda holding back building 0.92.1
binaries, mostly because of some bugs mention (for example) on
http://lurker.clamav.net/message/20080212.151501.833f926c.en.html

Strangely enough, when I try it today I get this results :

bash-2.03# uname -a
SunOS <hostname here> 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2
bash-2.03# clamd --version
ClamAV 0.92.1/5901/Thu Feb 21 09:26:03 2008

It works correctly. So perhaps the bug is somehere in the build
environment, not on the source code. As usual, my binary build is
available on http://clamav.or.id

As peter pointed out though, if you also use a lot of blastwave packages
you MIGHT be better of with their binary (assuming they've fixed the
bug). In my case, the original reason I make my own build is that I
can't use blastwave packages on Sol8 because I'm not allowed to patch
the OS to match blastwave's requirement.

Regards,

Fajar