While scanning my users' home directories with clamscan, I found a
mailbox that generated an error.  I eventually sorted out that the problem
was with a pdf attached to one of the messages.  I pulled the pdf out and
scanned with clamscan which produced an error of:

        LibClamAV Error: cli_writen: write error: Bad address
        BYPB08Flyer.pdf: Input/Output error

I also scanned with clamdscan and saw:

        /home/clamav/BYPB08Flyer.pdf: Input/Output error ERROR

However, if I attach the file to a new e-mail and relay it through my server
which scans mail with clamav-milter, no error is generated.  Although the
pdf is legitimate and harmless, the behavior of clam is odd.  Why would
clamav-milter not have a problem where clamscan and clamdscan do?  Should I
open a bug report over something as simple as a strange pdf problem?

The system in question is CentOS 5.2 64-bit with clamav-0.94 and the pdf is
temporarily located at http://webmail.electronet.net/BYPB08Flyer.pdf.

Jason A. Bertoch
Network Administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]