I have RedHat ES 5.1 and I have support with RedHat so I have logged a trouble ticket for this issue and this is their latest reply:

16-SEP-2008 02:03:47    Shailendra Suhas Bandodkar
Greetings,

Thanks for the update.

I consulted the security response team. They say that they have reviewed this issue and work on fixing this issue is
already in progress.

Updates are expected to be released soon, probably during the next
week.

I would request you to wait for a while until the fix is released.

Thanks for your patience

Best regards
Shailendra

Remember that CentOS is related to RedHat ES minus the support so if they fix this on the RedHat ES side they will fix it on the CentOS side. However since you have CentOS you can get bzip2 from http://www.bzip.org/ and install it manually if your wish.

Regards,
Frank

ldconfig: yes I remembered that afterwards.
;-)
clamav 0.94 plus patch is running on SuSE 10.3 ok now for the last 14 days.

Which announcement do you mean?
I do not read this mailing list regularly...
I did not find anything on the website.

For the future one suggestion:
can you please put things like patches or needed upgrades of packages like
bzip2  (see below) onto the website also?
So that is easier to find such things.
E.g. the section with "Production quality releases" at
http://www.clamav.net/download/sources
is missing any hint about a patch or upgrade of bzip2.

Probably it is not good to release clamav, if the release needs patching afterwards...

Best regards
Markus

-------- Original-Nachricht --------