On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Either install it from "volatile", build it from source, or find a 3rd
> party package that you can install.  An antivirus tool is one thing that
> you need to keep current.

If you are concerned about a new version of clamav 'failing', you may want
to consider installing the volatile version separately, and keep the
stable version as 'backup'. Then you could create a piece of code (in
procmail, or wherever convenient) to check that the volatile ClamAV did
not return an error. If it does, run the stable version, which you can
store separately, but still use the same database. Naturally, until you
discover the problem with the latest version, you'll take a performance
hit, but this provides maximal AV protection for the system. Better than
continuing to run on an out-dated engine.

My 0.02 dollars.

- Charles