Török Edvin wrote:

[snip]

>> Well, *I* couldn't find much of any use in the ktrace output.  However,
>> if someone else would like to take a look at the trace file, I've made
>> it available at:
>>
>> http://janus.splitstreams.com/clamav-ktrace.out.bz2
>>
>> It is about 91MB compressed.
>
> Can you run this command, and make the output available at the same
> location? (as described in that article linked above):
> $ kdump -T -f ktrace.out | ./alloctrace.py
>
> P.S. the alloctrace.py script is available at
> http://keramida.wordpress.com/2008/10/15/extracting-useful-info-from-freebsd-malloc-tracing/

I ran alloctrace.py before posting the trace file.  It gave me zilch for
output.  I did take a look at the dump and I found no calls within it to
malloc(), which I thought was odd (and part of the reason that I posted
the trace file).  I have posted the full text output of the kdump as
well to make things easy on those not using FreeBSD.  That is at:

http://janus.splitstreams.com/clamav-kdump.txt.bz2

--
Jay Deiman

\033:wq!