All,

I submitted a virus sample on Aug 6th in the morning to both the Clamav team
and McAfee. The scary part was that Microsoft defender detected it as a virus
/ malware. It took McAfee between 24 and 36 hours to respond that is was in
there dat file (released hours before the notice was sent to me). Today, the
clamav team finally updated the defs (7 days later  Update (daily: 9692))to
support detecting this virus :( and incompletely at that ! As you see below,
the original email file (106226. base 64 encoded) and the zip file extracted
are detected. The executable is still not detected as a virus !

Why did it take so long ??

106226.: Suspect.Bredozip-zippwd-1 FOUND
UPSNR_32be958a.zip: Suspect.Bredozip-zippwd-1 FOUND
UPSNR_32be958a.exe: OK