At 2:00 PM -0700 9/14/09, Bill Landry wrote:
 > At 12:59 PM -0700 9/14/09, Bill Landry wrote:
Tom Shaw wrote:
  I am running ClamAV 0.95.2/9806/Mon Sep 14 14:37:58 2009 when I run
  clamscan on a file I get no detection yet when I submit the same file
  virustotal (0.94.1/20090912) I get Trojan.Zbot-4583 detected.

  My clamav install has been operating fine for months on OSX 10.5.

  Ideas?

Tom, what happens if you scan the file with clamdscan?

    clamdscan --fdpass file

The reason I ask, is maybe you have to set the appropriate flags when
using clamscan vs clamdscan, as clamdscan uses clamd.conf for its
 setting.

Just a thought...

 Bill, I get detection from my signature but not clam's

Could it be that your signature is triggering before ClamAV's?  Have you
tried running the scan without your signature included to see if ClamD
will trigger?

Hasn't triggered earlier than clamav's before. However I will try now.

That's weird it did detect it then. Wish I knew the sequence clamav checks through the DB's.

Is there a way to force clamscan to keep checking for all signatures? I tried clamdscan --help with no joy.

Tom