Will a patched version of the installation package be made publically available? We don't have git installed and there are many system complaints when a patch attempt is made. (Maybe due to the "--git" option in the diff lines?)

Installing git didn't make the error magically go away, and rather than starting a whole new line of investigation, I thought it'd be worthwhile to ask if a clean version will be available soon.

Alternately, a "regular" patch file would presumably also do the job. I have no idea what "regular" would mean in this context. We use FreeBSD 7.1, so that colors my conception of what "regular" is, but other patches work fine.

I apologize for my ignorance and/or if this is a stupid request.

Jeffrey Moskot
System Administrator
j...@math.miami.edu