Todd Lyons wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Rob Jennings<rjenni...@cape.k12.de.us>  wrote:
I work for a school district and our new xserves have just been updated to the
10.6 server operating system. The problem I am experiencing on all 4 of these
servers which are in different schools is the same. The log files are filling
up:
1/21/10 4:39:43 PMorg.clamav.freshclam[56]Can't connect to port 80 of host
database.clamav.net (IP: 130.59.10.36)
1/21/10 4:39:43 PMorg.clamav.freshclam[56]Trying host database.clamav.net
(193.1.193.64)...
1/21/10 4:40:13 PMorg.clamav.freshclam[56]nonblock_connect: connect timing out
(30 secs)

Something about your network security or routing is preventing
outbound port 80 traffic from your mail servers to the db servers,
which is what it needs to download the new signatures.  If you cannot
telnet from the mail servers to the above IPs on port 80 (there are
lots more), then you should check the local firewall on the servers,
and any firewalls/routers it is crossing to get to the outside world.

[56]WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!1/21/10 4:41:24
[56]WARNING: Local version: 0.95.2 Recommended version: 0.95.3 1/21/10 4:41:24
[56]DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq

That message says that you're running a little bit older version than
what is current.  Look around to see if there is updated clam packages
available for your OS.  I do not think this is related to your
inability to update though.

By the way, finkproject.org does have a package (although not a binary) with the current scanning engine available for OS X.
http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/clamav-daemon
Works great on 10.6.2 and can be built as 32- or 64-bit.
Hope this is helpful,
Robert