Hello,

I am a system administrator who manages many servers and need a way to
programatically ping clamd on a server and get a response which I can
interpret to mean clamd is ok or the engine needs to be updated.
Unfortunately, I often get overwhelmed and don't have time to read all the
logs on all the servers to see the "WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is
OUTDATED!" message.  I researched but could not find a clamd command which
would give me that info which I could create a program to check daily and
alert me if I need to update.

If there is no such thing, then is there a way to get clamd to email me when
the engine is outdated?

Thanks,

Cliff