On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:20 AM, JD <jd1...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>       I read the FAQ and it does not tell me where this setting is set.
>>
>> It's set by ClamAV within the source code itself; this reflects the
>> capabilities of that particular version.  It's not a configurable setting;
>> to fix this warning, you need to upgrade to the latest version of ClamAV--
>> which you generally should be doing for any security-related software,
>> anyway.
>
> So, the fedora distro people screwed up by setting it to level 44 in the
> source code?

No, it's set by the clamav devs, and is dependent on the version.
This is not a configurable setting, it's hardcoded into clamav.

So long as you are running 0.95 or newer you don't have to worry about
these errors.

If you want the absolute latest features, then install the latest
version.  Otherwise, carry on.  0.95 works perfectly well.  These are
just notices, not "you must upgrade or die" messages.  :)

--
Freddie Cash
fjwc...@gmail.com