On 7/6/10 3:27 PM, JD wrote:
I ran:

$ sudo clamdscan -l /tmp/clamdscan.log /sda1

/sda1 is the mount point for my windows partition.

I got tons of error mssages like this one:

/sda1/WINDOWS/Installer/265ad74.msp: Can't create temporary directory ERROR

In what directory is clamdscan trying to create a temp dir ??

Run clamconf |grep TemporaryDir to see where it would like the temp dir to be.

And since clamd does not normally run as user root it won't be able to scan every file or directory on your system. Clamdscan, which can run as root, tells clamd, which normally does not, what to do and where. There are ways around this limitation.

dp