On Thursday 09 December 2010, Török Edwin wrote:

> > Are you sure what it is needed ? zlib have "symbol versioning" and
> > this should be sufficient.
>
> Sure, 1.2.3 and 1.2.5 are compatible at API level.
>
> But you probably had a reason for installing 1.2.5, and want it to be
> used. If ClamAV had not warned you probably wouldn't know you're still
> using the old version.

Probably it is the case for handmade distributives. But package managers
can control this too. I have this case now: "apt-get install clamav" did
updated clamav but did not updated zlib. Repository contain new zlib and
ClamAV builded with it, but package manager use symbol versioning and
update of zlib does not occur.

--
Regards,
Sergey