On 3/27/2011 2:31 AM, Al Varnell wrote:
For those of you who chose to update to a third party bzip2 1.0.6 in the
interim...I don't know what to tell you.

They're likely to be fine.

If they installed their build of libbz2 under /usr/local/lib, and setup $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to find it (or passed -L/usr/local/lib to ./configure, etc), then ClamAV and anything else configured that way will continue to use their v1.0.6 build.

If they chose to install to /usr/lib, well, the latest software updates from Apple will have installed 1.0.5 with the CVE-2010-0405 fix over that, but it shouldn't break anything, as I'm reasonably sure (from inspection and from testing) that there were no API changes between 1.0.5 and 1.0.6.

Regards,
--
-Chuck