Hello Al,

> - 194.47.250.218 clamav.df.lth.se at this writing has been down for 17 days.

this mirror is blocking our monitor tool but works just fine.
In other words the status page shows it's down even if it's actually up.

> - 69.163.100.14 clamav.theshell.com was recently added back to the list of
> US mirrors, has been down ever since, over 10 days and now see it has been
> removed again.

I removed it from the RR a long time ago. I'll remove it from the mirror
status page after it's declared definitely dead.

> - How many days does a mirror have to be old or bad before it is taken off
> the list of available servers?  Put another way, when should I start asking
> about it?

it's removed from the DNS RR usually after 10 days.

> - Why are there so many (5) off-shore servers included in the list of
> available US mirrors when there are around 11 in-country servers?

because those 11 mirrors in US are not enough to handle all the traffic
generated in US.

Best regards

--
Luca Gibelli (luca _at_ clamav.net)       ClamAV, a GPL anti-virus toolkit
[Tel] +39 0187 1851862 [Fax] +39 0187 1852252 [IM] nervous/jabber.linux.it