On 12/1/2011 7:02 PM, pushpa gouder wrote:
> I have passed those arguments to clamd and put eicar.txt.com virus in that
> SCAN folder. Nothing happened. But If I use clamsan/clamdscan on command
> line it finds it.
>
> #clamd -h
>
>                       Clam AntiVirus Daemon 0.97.2
>            By The ClamAV Team: http://www.clamav.net/team
>            (C) 2007-2009 Sourcefire, Inc.
>
>     --help                   -h             Show this help.
>     --version                -V             Show version number.
>     --debug                                 Enable debug mode.
>     --config-file=FILE       -c FILE        Read configuration from FILE.
>
> Also I don't see any of those options on the box but man page talks about
> it.

They are not options.  They are commands that can be sent via the socket
by clamdscan or other programs that are capable of talking to clamd.
For an end user, you can completely ignore that section of the clamd man
page.  Most of the clamd options you will be interested in are in the
config file.

If you want to scan a directory or a file, start clamd and then use
clamdscan to request the scan.  Take a look at the clamdscan man page.

--
Bowie