We have learnt that code emulation will be added in Clamav 0.98. We know that
code emulation when used in conjunction with scanning is good at detecting
viruses. At the same time it is very resource intensive also and results in the
slowdown of computers. How is ClamAV planning to take care of this problem?

Also, the link
at http://blog.clamav.net/2011/11/bytecode-signatures-for-polymorphic.html explains
 how clamav handles polymorphic viruses. Our understanding is that static
heuristic analysis of the virus code is being made use of in order to detect
the viruses. Is our understanding correct?

Also, is there any way to improve upon the current scanning methoods used by
ClamAV (Aho- Corasick and Boyer-Moore multipattern matching algos). Can the
signature database be arranged in some other way (and not by file type during
scanning) in order to further improve the scanning performance?