On 01/25/2012 05:02 PM, [Cardiff] Tugdual de LASSAT wrote:
> Hello the list..
>
> I have a problem, i wish to submit to your review...
> We run 4 years discontinuating, an Exim+Clamav mail server solution that ran
> smoothly to our needs, until recent internal false positive has been
> signaled...
>
> One of our members is trying to send internally an email containing a
> powerpoint that is virus free (check with 3 antivirus), and that I have
> checked through clamav on the machine that detects it as virus..
> Result of clamscan is eloquent :
>
> #clamscan selsia.ppt
> selsia.ppt: OK

This just means that your document contains macros (whether malicious or not)
Either remove the macros from the document, or disable this check.

Are the macros required in the document?

> Sending to exim a reject that is logged as  :
> 2012-01-25 15:27:16 1Rq3oh-00055z-TW H=xxx.ip.network-consulting.fr
> (glenmorangie.xxxxx.fr) [79.98.xx.xx] F=<x...@xxxxx.fr> rejected after DATA:
> This message contains a virus or other harmful content
> (virus_in_message:157035))
>
> I do understant that it is the function OLE2ContainsMacros function I
> activated that is in cause, but aren't signatures used between daemon and
> clamscan the same ?

You have OLE2BlockMacros on in clamd.conf. Disable it if you don't need it.
clamscan doesn't have a similar option, probably a bug.

> Why does this false positive happen and does anyone have an idea how to
> solve it without removing this scan (we happen to have occasionnal real
> virus attempts in ppt)

Best regards,
--Edwin