On 3/6/12 2:43 AM, "Steve Kirkby" <k...@today.plus.com> wrote:

> I can't get through the tech. complexity of upgrading my ClamAV, version
> 2.2.2. I am not a computer engineer, just a user. On getting the daily message
> in Console that my ClamAV engine is outdated (don't panic), I deleted Clam and
> its associated files from my machine and redownloaded it from your site. I
> still get the message.
>
> I have read the FAQ: no help. I have checked that I have only one clam
> application. I once tried to upgrade just the engine but it was too
> complicated to do.
>
> Surely downloading the current version from your site would result in an
> up-to-date version?
>
> What to do please? (Perhaps Clam is too unfriendly for ordinary users.)
>
> Thanks for any help (but no unix code or complex multi-step instructions
> please).

This list is for support of the clamav engine and you seem to be asking
questions about Mac OS implementation, ClamXav, which has not yet been
updated to include the latest engine. Since there were no specific updates
in the new engine of great impact to the Mac OS, you should probably follow
the warning to not panic and simply wait for the next version to be released
by the developer.

I also recommend that you bring your questions about this to the ClamXav
Forum <http://markallan.co.uk/BB/viewforum.php?f=1> and somebody can help
you there.

-Al-

--