Hello,

1.
I just compiled the new version in my autobuild system for
multiple version of SuSE Linux Enterprise Servers.

I noticed this RPMLINT report which I like to forward to you for inforamation:

RPMLINT report:
===============
clamav.i586: W: shared-lib-calls-exit /usr/lib/libclamav.so.6.1.13
exit@GLIBC_2.0
This library package calls exit() or _exit(), probably in a non-fork()
context. Doing so from a library is strongly discouraged - when a library
function calls exit(), it prevents the calling program from handling the
error, reporting it to the user, closing files properly, and cleaning up any
state that the program has. It is preferred for the library to return an
actual error code and let the calling program decide how to handle the
situation.

Could it be possible that the _exit() is intentional correct?
Then I would like to add an exeption for my rpmlint...

2.
Avira, a german antivirus vendor, may(*) classify the sourcecode tarball as
malicious:

clamav-0.97.4/test/.split/split.clam-pespin.exeaa <<< PCK/PESpin ; packer ;
File has been compressed with an unusual runtime compression tool (PCK/PESpin).
Please verify the origin of the file

I informed avira and got the response that their av-envine finds "unusual
runtime compression tool" commonly used by
malware :-(

Andreas

(*) depends how aggressive the scanner is configured

--
Andreas Schulze
Internetdienste | P252

DATEV eG
90329 Nürnberg | Telefon +49 911 319-0 | Telefax +49 911 319-3196
E-Mail info @datev.de | Internet www.datev.de
Sitz: 90429 Nürnberg, Paumgartnerstr. 6-14 | Registergericht Nürnberg, GenReg
Nr.70
Vorstand
Prof. Dieter Kempf (Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Wolfgang Stegmann (stellvertretender Vorsitzender)
Dipl.-Kfm. Michael Leistenschneider
Dipl.-Kfm. Dr. Robert Mayr
Jörg Rabe v. Pappenheim
Dipl.-Vw. Eckhard Schwarzer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Reinhard Verholen