Hi there,

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012, Benny Pedersen wrote:
Den 2012-09-20 12:42, G.W. Haywood skrev:

option which disables the bytecode interpreter. ...
it can be disabled in freshclam.conf
No, that disables loading bytecode.  The interpreter is still there.

so this is a problem ?

Yes.

without signatures it does nothing imho

No.  Without signatures you *suppose* it does nothing.

In the same way, a compiler is supposed to do nothing.  Why is there
no compiler on my firewall?  Because my firewall does not need one.
If a compiler is not there it is *impossible* for it to do anything,
and that statement does not rely on your opinion.

This is how you need to think if you think about security.

--

73,
Ged.