Dear

I'm a trainee and 1 of my tasks is to research antivirus software programs to
be used on all linux production servers.

What I dont understand quite yet is if clamav is scanning real time, I
presume it is because it has a daemon. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm also researching samba-vscan, I've downloaded the package and copied
 it to the samba folder I added following rules to the samba share :

vfs objects = vscan-clamav
vscan-clamav: config-file = /etc/samba/samba-vscan/clamav/vscan-clamav.conf

And edited the samba-vscan file to my likings. If this is done will clamav scan
the shared filesystem aswell ?

Friendly Regards

Jens Snyers