On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 03:38 PM, David Grant wrote:
> I can barely understand the home page. I don't know if I use Unix (I'm using
> an iMac).
>
> I was told that ClamAV was the best virus protection, so I signed up … or did
> I download?
>
> In any case, every day at the same time my work is interrupted by a report
> from Console.
>
> I think the upshot is that everything is OK.
>
> QUESTIONS:
>       1) Is there a really simple explanation of ClamAV somewhere?
>       2) Can I stop that daily interruption of Console, but still keep the
> virus protection?

Sounds like you are in the wrong place.  I suspect you downloaded ClamXav which
uses the ClamAV® scan engine.

Support for ClamXav can be found here
<http://www.clamxav.com/BB/viewforum.php?f=1>.

Also, didn't I just answer this question for you in the Apple Support
Communities forum?

-Al-
--
Al Varnell