On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 14:25 +0200, EyeLand wrote:
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 08:24:56 -0500
> > From: Greg Folkert <g...@donor.com>
> > Subject: Re: [clamav-users] clamd failed
> > To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net
> >
> > How much memory do you have on this machine?
> >
> > If it is at like 256MB, it won't run since the signatures take a
> > significant amount more than 256MB alone.
> >
> > My instance on a CentOS v5  machine takes 289MB all by its lonesome.
>
> RAM 512 Mb

You have on the original screen you screenshot for us:

Starting before clamav: amavisd, bind, Apache2
Starting after clamav: Freshclam, Fail2Ban, memcached, MySQL, dovecot,
ntp

I'm guessing you have SpamAssassin and other services trying to run on
this machine,

512MB is *FAR TOO LITTLE* in these days, especially if it is a 64-bit
install. If this were 10 years ago, 512MB would do everything you have
going and probably more.

To try and prove my point, how about this, adjust when ClamAV starts to
before Apache, Bind and Amavisd.

I'll bet it works, but then other things will die on not being able to
allocate memory.

It comes down to one thing, you just do not have enough memory in the
machine to do the job you want it to do.
--
greg folkert - systems administration and support
web:    donor.com