On Wednesday 03 September 2014 06:57:59 Matus UHLAR - fantomas did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 03.09.14 10:51, Joel Esler (jesler) wrote:
> >That's a PUA alert.   That's not on by default.
>
> well, if it's THE .tar.gz that caused the PUA alert, it apparently
> should be ignored.
>
> >> On Sep 3, 2014, at 6:40, "Gene Heskett" <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> >> This report from last nights clamscan is absolutely a false
> >> positive:
> >> /home/gene/Downloads/Download/DriveWire4_linux_i386.tar.gz:
> >> PUA.Misc.DoubleExtension-zippwd-3 FOUND
>
> aren't there any files with double extension inside?

This is linux, probably in excess of 1000 tar.gz's here on this machine.

That particular one had a java .jar file inside it, but because of
development in the DriveWire protocol, there are probably more than 20
such files here.

I ran that jar for several months.  Its clean.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)