Dmg scanning was added a couple of versions back.

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 27, 2015, at 3:11 AM, Al Varnell
<alvarn...@mac.com<mailto:alvarn...@mac.com>> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:17PM, Dennis Peterson wrote:

Forgot to include dmg files are as described when mounted - else they are disk
images (cpio). I don't know what the clam product does with unmounted disk
images.

dp

That’s correct.  There have been a handful (nine) .dmg hash signatures quite
awhile ago and I’ve handled a couple of false positives, but there is no
attempt to check the image contents which would almost certainly require
mounting.  I believe they are simply scanned as a generic file.

-Al-