You could try (man clamd.conf)

*LeaveTemporaryFiles BOOL*
   Do not remove temporary files (for debug purpose).
Default: no
dp

On 2/18/16 9:48 AM, Michael Grant wrote:
Then let me be more clear...

I want to reject the message.  I do not want the message arriving at the
recipient.  However, the message that is passed to clamd, if this is
discovered to contain a virus, I want to save that into a file in a
directory so that I can come back later and look at it.

Ignore anything about delivering it.  That is not pertinent.  For all
intents and purposes, the message with a virus is rejected at the SMTP
level before the SMTP connection goes away.