On Fri, April 1, 2016 2:19 am, Andrew Wright wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I''m trying to create a rescue Live USB with Fedora and ClamAV for
> Windows
> PCs. I've read this guide for speeding up ClamAV:
> https://www.clamav.net/documents/how-to-speed-up-clamwin
>

> But, specifically, how would you do this via command-line?

Hi Andrew,

Something like this would be quick (you could add zip|rar|html|htm|php)

clamscan -r --include="\.(exe|dll|src|sys|msi|scr|com|js)$" --max-file
size=5M -l log.txt g ­­--detect-pua --infected c:\

note:  ­­-detect-pua may create high FP's which you'd need to check.

> Is my regular expression correct for the extensions? How do I include
> Memory and Registry, along with the other directories (appdata, system32,
> systemwow64)?

ClamWin (windows only version of clamdscan) I think has extra features to
scan memory and registry... clamscan (fedora) doesn't...

There is also a couple of pre-built live-cd's in case this helps..

http://antiviruslivecd.4mlinux.com/
http://4mlinux.com/index.php?page=help

Cheers,

Steve