On Mar 16, 2016, at 11:24 PM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jes...@cisco.com> wrote:
> ClamAV Signature Interface maintenance is now complete! New Main.cvd!
> [snip]
> This new main is 109Mb in size, and contains 4 million signatures

I’ve got a flakey connection to the ‘net right now, so Freshclam has totally
failed to do any updates since you rolled out the new main.

eg:
ClamAV update process started at Fri Apr  8 06:15:09 2016
Empty script main-56.cdiff, need to download entire database
nonblock_recv: recv timing out (30 secs)
Trying again in 5 secs...
ClamAV update process started at Fri Apr  8 06:20:47 2016
Empty script main-56.cdiff, need to download entire database
Downloading main.cvd [100%]
ERROR: Verification: Can't verify database integrity
Trying again in 5 secs...
ClamAV update process started at Fri Apr  8 06:21:47 2016
Reading CVD header (main.cvd): OK
Empty script main-56.cdiff, need to download entire database
Downloading main.cvd [100%]
ERROR: Verification: Can't verify database integrity
Giving up on database.clamav.net...
Update failed. Your network may be down or none of the mirrors listed in
/usr/local/clamXav/etc/freshclam.conf is working. Check
http://www.clamav.net/doc/mirrors-faq.html for possible reasons.

Since Freshclam is hurting, I’ve tried to download the main myself with
curl -LOC - http://database.clamav.net/main.cvd
<http://database.clamav.net/main.cvd>

Slow going, but it’s getting there.  Because of the network issues, it often
terminates with a connection reset error.  But now and then, I get this:
curl: (33) HTTP server doesn't seem to support byte ranges. Cannot resume.

No idea which actual servers are having this difficulty.  It would really help
if you’all would fully support resuming.

Thanks,
- Dan.