Hi.

As far as I know, the X509_VERIFY_PARAM symbol became available in the
OpenSSL libraries starting from version 0.9.8. If you are trying to compile
your ClamAV with an openssl package which is older than that you may
encounter this problem (on my Linux servers I am using OpenSSL version
1.0.1e but on AIX you probably have an older version).

The previous stable version of ClamAV was 0.98.7 (before the 0.99.x tree)
but I believe you may encounter the same problem.

A quick solution would be to compile the latest stable version of OpenSSL
from the sources and install it under /usr/local (for example) or under another
path which does not interfere with the OS system paths.

Regards,
    Matteo