The following is safebrowsing’s test host name, malware.testing.google[.]test,
and using google’s test page

https://www.google.com/transparencyreport/safebrowsing/diagnostic/index.html#url=malware.testing.google[.]test

shows that it is listed.

I have enabled safebrowsing in freshclam.cong and checked that safebrowsing.cvd
has been downloaded and is current.

I checked clamav using clamscan on a file containing EICAR signature and it
detects. I also check clamd using INSTREAM and piped an EICAR signature to
clamd and it responded "Eicar-Test-Signature FOUND”

I then created a file containing

<http>
<head>
</head>