Hello,

> We are putting out more detection for the user.
> We are making it easier for the vast majority of our users to use ClamAV and
> provide more detection with the built in system.

And that's a good way for everyone. I approve. We are all here to fight
malwares, right ?

> There are lots of places
> out there that make detection other than us, but not distributed in an
> large fashion, regression tested, etc.

How do you know ? Do you think SaneSecurity or Securiteinfo.com does not verify
their signatures before
publishing ? Do you know our technical infrastructure ?
SaneSecurity and SecuriteInfo.com are NOT poor-low quality-sub signatures. We
provide FAST RESPONSE to
0-day malware threads and our detection ratio is actually FAR BETTER than
Clamav+CRDF.
We will publish some public stats in a few weeks to proove the above.

That's true we have less users. But we could be surprise how many computers we
protect in the word. And
as you say, we have 95% room for improvement, marketing stats of course.

SaneSecurity and SecuriteInfo.com signatures are compatible with
freshclam.conf, this facilitates
integration with official Clamav. And the final user have the choice to include
them or not.

> Not everyone uses ClamAV on the command line to scan mail.  Not everyone
> uses it on *nix.  Our user base is gigantic, and spreads over nearly every
> platform we've ever seen.

Our signatures are good for other platforms too.

--
Best regards,

Arnaud Jacques
SecuriteInfo.com