Am 30.09.2016 um 04:51 schrieb Alexey Salmin:
Thanks for your replies.

My particular use case is a network that is physically disconnected
from the internet. Storage devices are allowed though, so I bring a
fresh virus database from time to time. It's used to run nightly scans
on shared network filesystems where malware occasionally show up. I
guess it comes from storage devices too and that was mostly fixed by
installing USB Disk Security on Windows machines. However it only
helps from autoruns, not from infected binaries, so scheduled scans
are still needed (and I think that's a good practice anyway).

Long story short: what is the recommended way to handle this scenario?
I'm thinking of setting up a local mirror on the internet-capable
machine and then take CVDs from there (with checksums or whatsoever)

use freshclam on whatever machine and take /var/lib/clamav/ to the destination machine - smart setups with more than one machine are doing that by rsync that folder to the other machines while freshclam runs on a admin-server instead produce multiple traffic for clamav infrastructure (the same for locations like /usr/shareGeoIP)