> On 22 Oct 2016, at 22:39, Marcelo Machado <mmgom...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody.
>
> I have a Zimbra server and the clamav crashes when it loads the virus
> definitions after last updates. The freshclam.log shown many lines with
> this error "WARNING: [libclamav] mpool_malloc (): Attempt to allocate
> 8388608 bytes Please report to http://bugs.clamav.net.";
>
> Clamav version: 0.97.8
>
> Anyone can help me?

The same happened to me starting today with that outdated version (on Mac OS X
10.8.5 with OS X Server 2.2.5). I’m working on migrating to a newer version. So
it seems 0.97.8 had some bug (in fresh clam?) that was triggered just today
(because of some data in the update, maybe?).

I want to upgrade and I am working on it (migrating to a newer version of OS X
with Server), but it is not so simple in my case because this is not clamav
with default compile settings and such.

So, any tips about keeping this ancient clamav working for a short while more
while I work on the migration would be fine.

At least I have turned the ***UNCHECKED*** Subject label off (as I got it in
*every* mail), but I’m without anti-spam and anti-virus in my mail server now
and that’s definitely not good.