From: clamav-users [mailto:clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net] On Behalf Of
Reindl Harald
Sent: 15 February 2017 12:16
To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] clamdscan mail file

Am 15.02.2017 um 13:10 schrieb TBits.net, Mailinglists:
> On 2017-02-13 15:07, TBits.net, Mailinglists wrote:

>>> they are - proven by a webinterface where i upload eml files at pass
>>> them through spamd and clamdscan using two different clamd-instances
>>> which are used by clamav-milter and/or spamassassin
>>>
>>> are you 100% certain that clamdscan is using the identical clamd
>>> instance with identical configuration?
>>
>> Yes only one instance of clamd is running.
>> I scan only the quarantined mail which was hold by clamav-milter before.
>>
>> Tested under different servers, on all servers are the same result.
>>

> any idea how I can scan a text file as email, that phishing attempts
> are identified?
>
> if you send the code via telnet to the smtp server clamav-milter
> identify it as "infected by Heuristics.Phishing.Email.SSL-Spoof"
> If you scan a file with this code, clamdscan identify it as clean.

a good start would be to provide a *unchanged* sample .eml file so that
somebody can reproduce it - at least unmangeled eml files saved with
thunderbird and piped through clamdscan behave 100% identical to milter usage
because there is technical no difference at all

so most likely you file is just recognized as email

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise
have reason to believe that you received this message in error, please
immediately notify sender by e-mail, and destroy the original message. Thank
You.