I just added Doc.Dropper.Agent-6136130-0 to the scan system, it should be
published today.

--
Joel Esler | Talos: Manager | jes...@cisco.com<mailto:jes...@cisco.com>

On Mar 22, 2017, at 9:43 AM, Alex
<mysqlstud...@gmail.com<mailto:mysqlstud...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,

How long does it typically take for a sample to be analyzed and a
pattern to be created?

Generally speaking, a couple hours (sometimes 4, sometimes 8, depending on
automation schedules)  Because it was encrypted, it may be a bit more
difficult, so I'll have to look into it.  What is the sha256 hash of the file?

# sha256sum r564t97y168d2.docx
a68e789e8306e697874d155191376124e13e44f144b11a678a37e44036a3668d
r564t97y168d2.docx

I also included the password to decrypt it, "Vo1UPMQBgITg" as was
included with the email when it was received.

I don't even bother reporting them to sophos, et al because it's
sometimes days before they're added. I was expecting better from
clamav...

Interesting, considering Sophos is not a free product.

Yes, sometimes (most times?) it's days.

alex