On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 8:31 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
wrote:

> On 22.03.17 12:05, David Pullman wrote:
>
> I’m trying to avoid having the instances running freshclam go out to the
>> Internet.
>>

> what kind of problem does one DNS request cause?

In some implementations, there are requirements where instances need to be
strictly prevented from going out to the Internet. Then there are some
where if the instance goes out to the Internet, you have to justify and
document why. These kinds of restrictions happen in domains where security
is either very strict, or when there are compliance requirements for the
information system. In this case, I think we can justify and document why.

Thanks!

David