On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 16:14:43 +0200
Benny Pedersen <m...@junc.eu> wrote:

> Bob Williams skrev den 2017-07-12 11:30:
>
> > Thank you. The openSUSE updater has a method of locking packages to
> > prevent unwanted updates, which I have now applied:
> >
> > # zypper al clamav-database
>
> in that case you would uninstall freshclam, else you get unstable
> results

The command I gave above prevents the updater from downloading clamav-database,
leaving the job to freshclam. So no, I don't want to uninstall freshclam.

> notify opensuse maintainers to not provide clamav-database, let
> freshclam do its work please

Opensuse provide clamav-database so that new installations of clamav have
something to work with. My mistake was to continue fetching clamav-database
from the opensuse repo, instead of using freshclam.

> i remember when clamav tarball was holding current databases, so
> gentoo users have to download old data to get new clamav source code,
> now this is solved, but seems opensuse have to learn more still :=)
>
> note freshclam is a daemon aswell as clamd, when both runs as so it
> works perfectly
>
> on top of that disable systemd for clamd and freshclam, this 2 things
> are not designed to be used from systemd at all

Seems to work OK here

--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.74-18.20-default