Are MP3 files ignored because it is impossible that MP3 software ever
has buffer overflows or other security flaws???

Or is it because MP3 files are compressed (i.e., random-looking) and
thus may cause false positives? What about all the other compressed or
encrypted file types which might do the same?

In other words, I don't understand why they all would be ignored.