When ClamAV runs bytecode signatures, it uses a timer to limit the amount
of processing.

Are you seeing it on a lot of files? If that is the case, the bytecode
signature may require attention.

You can try increasing the timeout limit. --bytecode-timeout for clamscan
and BytecodeTimeout for clamd.

Steve