Interesting,

Some favorite ClamAV bugs from 2011 have been "rediscovered".
:-)

Also, from a pen tester's view, the important point is that, this attack
surface does exist.

User-side network hardening issues & misunderstanding of clamd
configuration options may be irrelevant.

Specifically, "misunderstanding" configuration options have led to
interesting & publicly undisclosed discoveries useful to pen testers.
:-)

--
Sincerely,
Nathan Gibbs